Monday, November 15, 2010

The season of thankfulness.

Thanksgiving has got to be at least my second favorite Holiday.  Christmas, of course, comes in first place.  I love Thanksgiving time, not only because we get out of school for a few extra days, but because I get to spend a day with my family, eating mouth-watering turkey, dinner roles, cranberry jell-O, and green bean casserole! Yum! Every year at Thanksgiving dinner, my family goes around the table telling everyone what they are thankful for.  I am thankful for so many things in my life, it's hard to chose only one! So, I will inform you of the most important in my opinion.
Number one is my mom and grandparents.  Without them, I wouldn't have life, good morals, support, and most importantly, love.  Everyone tells me that I have my mothers genes.  From my boyfriend telling me that I get my weirdness from her, to various people telling me that I look like her, I guess you could say that I fit in her genes quite well!  My grandparents are huge contributors to my life.  I learn most of my important life lessons through them.  My grandpa is always teaching me something new, and my grandma - well let's just say sometimes I feel like I'm teaching her a few things, like how to get to the HSN website. All in all, I absolutely adore my family, and wouldn't change a thing about them.
Number two is my boyfriend, Jake Erron Hall. We have been together for almost a year, and I'd have to say that it has been the best year of my life.  He means the world to me.  He makes me feel comfortable with myself, he makes me laugh, he makes me smile.. He just brightens my day, and I love him for that. Jake's family is also amazing.  I feel like a part of the family every time I am with all of them.  I love his parents because I can talk to them, and I don't feel awkward. And I love his little brother, because he is already practically my own little brother! I just love them all. 
Number three is UCO.  This is the only college that I actually applied for, and I didn't really know why. But I feel like this is where I am supposed to be. It's a beautiful campus, everyone is friendly (mostly), and it's small and convenient.  I've lived on campus since last year, and I love it.  I can just roll out of bed and walk to class, or ride my bike if I choose. my major is Elementary Education, and this school has a great education program, which is awesome! I am so ready to get through all of my classes and begin my career!
I have so much more that I am thankful for, but I don't want to get too detailed here, so I think top three is good enough. :)
So what are you thankful for?

1 comment: